We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- Members of the Shaftesbury Branch of the Royal British Legion gathered with Shaftesbury’s Mayor and Lady Mayoress and with visitors from as far away as New Zealand at the Park Walk Memorial at 1100 on April 25th 2016 to mark the 101st anniversary of the beginning of the Gallipoli Campaign ... Read more
- St James’ Church held its ninth ‘Recycling and Vintage’ sale on Easter Saturday which, despite some typical holiday weather (wet and windy) was very well attended, with a good queue formed outside the Town Hall before we opened. Once again some very generous ‘de-cluttering’ had filled the Town Hall with ... Read more
- Hello, This post will give you all the latest information which is sent out via email through eContact each week. Click on the logo to see this week’s econtact. To subscribe to eContact click here Read more
- Vocations Sunday, the Fourth Sunday of Easter, is the Sunday set aside in the Church’s calendar to encourage all of us think about our vocation. So what is your vocation? You may think that you don’t have a vocation or that vocations are the sort of thing clergy have. But if ... Read more
- Sunday 10th April 2016 6.00 pm St James’ Church, Shaftesbury After his oasis our Pilgrim has reached a cliff; he can see his destination for the night, but dusk is here, and his path now leads downwards – narrow steps, rope handrail one side, unguarded sheer drop the other – no companion in ... Read more
- Despite the rain, worshipers were encouraged to start our Family Festival Communion outside, round a fire in a brazier, from which the Easter candle was lit and the Light of Christ brought into the darkened church. The packed church celebrated with a fanfare and as much joyful noise as we ... Read more