We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- The weather was just perfect for the Gillingham and Shaftesbury Show on the 20th August 2014. It was the Shaftesbury team’s turn to host the Church rest tent and there was a good steady stream of people wanting to just rest for a while, have a cup of fair-trade tea ... Read more
- Churches were open all over the team to mark 100 years since Britain joined World War One. On the 4th August 2014 we joined with many over the country to remember the ‘start’ of World War One. At St James a quiet time with readings and prayers was held at 10:00am. ... Read more
- There was a wonderful atmosphere in the final service for Clive and Jean Thomas on the 27th July 2014. Clive, in his usual style, lead the singing of worship songs with the worship band before the service. The church was packed, and the service relayed to the town hall for ... Read more
- Saturday 12th July 2.00pm – 5.00pm at St James Church, Shaftesbury Come and find out how much you really know about St James Village and Shaftesbury. This is a ‘Treasure Hunt’, on foot, through St James and up into Shaftesbury town, following clues that will lead you to some fascinating places that you ... Read more
- The weather was perfect for lazily walking round gardens in St James Shaftesbury on the weekend on the 14th and 15th June 2014. Also tea and Sumptuous cake was available in the church for our blissful wanderers. The event was to raise money for the Friends of St James, but ... Read more