We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- There was a wonderful atmosphere in the final service for Clive and Jean Thomas on the 27th July 2014. Clive, in his usual style, lead the singing of worship songs with the worship band before the service. The church was packed, and the service relayed to the town hall for ... Read more
- Rev Clive Thomas’ last service is Sunday 27th July at 10am at St Peter’s Church where we join together from all the churches around the team to give thanks for Clive and Jean’s work among us over these past years. The service will be followed by pre-lunch refreshments in the ... Read more
- Saturday 12th July 2.00pm – 5.00pm at St James Church, Shaftesbury Come and find out how much you really know about St James Village and Shaftesbury. This is a ‘Treasure Hunt’, on foot, through St James and up into Shaftesbury town, following clues that will lead you to some fascinating places that you ... Read more
- The weather was perfect for lazily walking round gardens in St James Shaftesbury on the weekend on the 14th and 15th June 2014. Also tea and Sumptuous cake was available in the church for our blissful wanderers. The event was to raise money for the Friends of St James, but ... Read more
- Here are a selection from the team weekend – we had a great time. Click on any image for a full-screen slide-show. If you have any pictures for us do email them to email@example.com Read more