We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- Joy comes again as the wonderful sound of the new five bells at St Margaret’s Church, Margaret Marsh will be heard. The inaugural ring will take place this Sunday, 23rd October 2016 prior to our service of Matins at 11.15am. The ring of four original bells has been restored and augmented ... Read more
- The sun shone, the apple cake was delicious, the tea flowed plentifully and an enormous quantity of apples were pressed into juice at this annual community get-together in Compton Abbas. Read more
- Preparations are underway for another St Peter’s Carol Service and once again we are looking forward to welcoming additional singers to swell our friendly regular choir and make a magnificent noise. You don’t need any particular experience, you just need to love singing and be willing to join in. The Carol ... Read more
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre Saturday 22nd October 7:30pm ‘A Career in Ruins’ Come and spend an evening with Shaftesbury archaeologist and TV presenter Julian ‘Meet the Ancestors’ Richards From a medieval cess pit to Stonehenge – there’s a lot that can be packed into a 45 year ‘career in ruins’! Tickets £10 from Shaftesbury arts Centre Box ... Read more
- Hello, This post will give you all the latest information which is sent out via email through eContact each week. Click on the logo to see this week’s econtact. To subscribe to eContact click here Read more
- There were twenty-two people on the retreatthis year (including quite a few who came for the first time) and Pam invited us to explore some of the many ways God sustains us as we journey closer to him. We traced labyrinths as we reflected on our journey so far; chose ... Read more