We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- The crowds grew as the walk of witness for Good Friday by Churches Together in Shaftesbury moved through the town. Starting at the commons we stopped at various stations going along Bell Street down to the Post Office, up to Tesco then to Palk Walk via Swans Yard. Our readings ... Read more
- Good Friday (April 18th ) ~ Procession of witness 11 am: Starting at The Commons, a re-enactrnent of the Easter story through Shaftesbury Town, join in with the procession and sing, or watch from the crowds. Meet outside the NatWest Bank. Easter Sunday Sunrise service on Park Walk at 6.15 am. Followed by refreshments ... Read more
- Posters and information for the Team Together weekend 9th-11th May 2014. Read more
- An opportunity for the Shaftesbury Team to get together, to enjoy doing together things we enjoy, To worship the Lord together and have fun together FRIDAY 9th MAY Knit and Natter 2.30pm – St Peter’s Church Hall Come and knit squares for a charity blanket. All wool provided but please bring a pair of 3.75mm (size ... Read more
- The church was packed despite terrible weather on the afternoon of 2nd March when the Right Rev. Nicholas Holtam, Bishop of Salisbury, came with his chaplain Malcolm Wilson to bless the new kitchen and loo at Melbury Abbas parish church. Shaftesbury team rector Clive Thomas also attended. The service was ... Read more