We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- Last Sunday, 26th June, our Team Ordinand and former administrator Kirsty Wells was ordained deacon after three years’ training at Sarum College in Salisbury. Kirsty will now serve in the churches in the Sturminster Newton benefice and will continue to be in our prayers as she begins this new stage ... Read more
- After hearing the story of Noah and singing “The animals went in two by two”, the Lighthouse children enjoyed making and modelling animal masks. Read more
- Fancy a break and refreshment? You may wish to deviate from your walk at Tanyard Lane to visit St James’ Church before returning to your route. ‘Cup & Sourcer’ is offering fresh coffee, tea, cold drinks plus temptations like tea tray bakes and flapjacks. Make this delightful detour on any Saturday morning between ... Read more
- Sunday 12th June 2016 6.00 pm St James’ Church, Shaftesbury Off any beaten track, in wild, barren country on the narrow bank of a fast-flowing river, in a place he least expected it – a glint caught Pilgrim’s eye. His colleague knelt and dug at the grey sand and, as he dug, the ... Read more
- On the 4th and 5th of June 2016 twelve delightful gardens were open in St James enabling us to share some wonderful space and beauty and peace. Here is a gallery of images from today: (more to follow) Read more
- Gardens will be open in St James from 2pm till 6pm on Saturday 4th and Sunday the 5th June. Ticket admission of £6 per person which covers both days and unlimited entry to participating gardens – Children under 12 free. Tickets from 30 St James Street or the Tourist Information Office in ... Read more