We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
|If you Facebook – follow our page, you can then get the latest information, comment and let us know what you think.|
- Sunday 12th February 2017 6.00 pm St James’ Church, Shaftesbury This week Pilgrim finds that his hike through the uplands has ended badly. He has slipped, fallen from the narrow track and broken his leg. His friend went for help, and now we see the mountain rescue team toiling towards him, while a ... Read more
- Have you ever wondered what makes a vicar, what they are and what they do? Here is your chance to find out. This relaxed afternoon slot aims to help those of us in the pews understand that ‘calling’ can come at any time, not always conveniently, and lead us to work we hadn’t necessarily ... Read more
- Hello, This post will give you all the latest information which is sent out via email through eContact each week. Click on the logo to see this week’s econtact. To subscribe to eContact click here Read more
- Our links with our Church schools are a treasured part of our life as churches in this Team and school governors play an essential role in supporting their work. Volunteering as a school governor is a way of making a positive difference to the lives of local children, but not ... Read more
- “Pilgrim Service” Sunday 8th January 2017 6.00 pm St James’ Church, Shaftesbury This week Pilgrim finds himself overlooking a valley, which looks magically as though it’s filled with a sea of fog, with just the tops of a few tall trees, and the crest of a hill in the far background; His road ... Read more
- At St Peter’s, music is key to our life together. We are looking for an accomplished organist and choir director to provide musical leadership that enhances our mission and enriches our worship. St Peter’s is a friendly and outward-looking church, with about 100 people at our main Sunday service. Our ... Read more