We are the Church of England in Shaftesbury Dorset, serving the community and serving Jesus where we are. The church is about people and faith and we know you will find a warm open welcome at all the churches in our team whether you are a visitor, a local or someone just looking for the deeper meaning of life.
- The Burnblake Trust Prison Art Project is committed to aid rehabilitation of offenders through active participation in the arts. There is a free exhibition with artwork for sale in St Peter’s Church on Friday 26th and Saturday 27th August. As you can see from the photographs there is something for ... Read more
- Hello, This post will give you all the latest information which is sent out via email through eContact each week. Click on the logo to see this week’s econtact. To subscribe to eContact click here Read more
- Visitors to the Gillingham and Shaftesbury Show this year saw that it was the Shaftesbury Team’s turn to host the Church Rest Tent, where the Team Vicars were on hand to answer questions about church weddings in particular, but also to chat to visitors. The tent also provided fair trade ... Read more
- “Pilgrim Service” Sunday 14th August 2016 6.00 pm St James’ Church, Shaftesbury It’s been a hard day, and it’s getting dark and Pilgrim is almost in despair; his long journey has led him to this impassable cliff which blocks his way as far as his eyes can see. He has come so far – ... Read more
- There is a concert on Saturday 13th August at 7:00pm in St James Church, in aid of the ‘Church and Community Together’ project. With Sam Skey, Anne-Louise Richards and David Grierson Door open 6:30pm. There is a retiring collection, suggested donation of £10. Read more
- We said goodbye to the Revd Jan Crossley at our Team Service at the Barn, at Margaret Marsh on Sunday 31st July, led by the Revd Pam Rink, and the service was followed by a picnic lunch. As you can see from the photographs the weather was kind, and the ... Read more